Roof Replacement & Installation
We Are Re-Roofing Charlotte One House At A Time
Transform and upgrade your old damaged roof with a roof replacement from Ridgeline. A new roof can completely change the look of your home to be the envy of every house on the street.
Ridgeline is a leader in providing complete roof replacements for residential Charlotte homes. With over a decade in the trade, our roofing specialists have worked with every material and roof imaginable when it comes to re-roofing.
While it may be tempting to keep making patch repairs to a faulty roof, in the long term, the cost and benefits of completely re-roofing will often be more cost effective than the constant repairs. Roof replacements are solid home improvement investments, whether your roof is beyond repairing, or whether you're just looking for a new contemporary color to lift the style and value of your home.
Left too long, a roof in need of repair can quickly become a total roof replacement; especially in areas where damaged roofs are exposed to the harsh Carolina weather conditions.
How much does a new roof cost in Charlotte?
No house is the same, so it is difficult to answer this question easily. There are many factors that go into calculating the price of a new roof. Factors such as;
- Roof Size: Obviously, the larger your roof is the more roofing materials and labor needed.
- Type of Roofing Material: There are many choices when it comes to roofing materials. There are varying grades of shingles, varying grades of metal roofing panels and other various choices such as, cedar, slate, membranes, etc...
- Roof Pitch (Steepness): Roof pitch can greatly affect roofing labor costs. Generally speaking, the steeper the roof the higher the cost. (flat membrane roofs excluded.)
- Roof Difficulty: A complex, cut up roof will cost more than a simple roof. More complex roofs require more time (labor) and more materials because the waste is greatly increased.
- Flashing Requirements: If the roof has many roof wall intersections, the costs will increase. Especially if those intersections are brick walls which require labor intensive counter flashing.
- Existing Layers of Roofing: A roof with multiple layers on it will be more expensive because of the added labor and disposal costs associated with its removal.
- Has There Been a Storm: A large storm, particularly a hail storm, will increase the price of a roof because of limited availability of labor and price increases from manufacturers due to the increased demand.
- Landscaping: Yes, landscaping! Protecting elaborate landscaping requires more labor.
There are a few other factors, but these are the most relevant when it comes to calculating the cost of a new roof.
To give you a general idea of roofing costs in the Charlotte market. Please see our average pricing based on material type. These prices are per square ft. of roofing area.
- 3-Tab Shingles: $1.60/sf - $1.80/sf
- Architectural Shingles: $1.80/sf - $2.50/sf
- Screw Down Metal Roof: $3.00/sf - $4.00/sf
- Standing Seam Metal Roof: $6.50/sf - $8.00/sf
The best way to determine roofing cost is to consult with several local, insured roofing contractors such as at Ridgeline Exteriors. We’ll come on site to examine your roof and provide you with a written estimate of your roofing costs.